TKM is a family-owned business located in Akron, Ohio. TKM was founded in 2008 just months before the Great Recession hit hard. Thomas K. Messner served as the president of TKM from its founding until 2016 when he became CEO and his son, Luke D. Messner, became president.
TKM started by offering in-house digital wide-format printing services. Later TKM started distributing custom branded promotional products. TKM eventually added the capability to custom fabricate boxes, cases, and displays using acrylic and other plastic materials.
Today the best way to describe TKM is to say that TKM specializes in producing and fulfilling custom job orders. TKM offers custom print solutions, custom plastic fabrication, and custom branded promotional items.
TKM turned 10 years old in March 2018. We have grown from a small handful of employees in 2008 to more than 15 fulltime employee team members in 2018. We’re grateful for the opportunities we’ve enjoyed and we’re really excited about the future.
For qualified prospects, TKM is delighted to offer a private tour of our facility.
In 2016 TKM released its professionally produced video commercial “Discover TKM.” The video takes viewers into the fascinating world of high-tech direct-to-substrate digital printing. Filmed onsite at TKM’s manufacturing facility and various locations in Akron, Ohio, the video provides a close-up look at a small, family-owned business that started in 2008 and made it through the Great Recession. Narrated by TKM President Luke Messner, “Discover TKM” also features several scenes from the Akron area, celebrating TKM’s love of northeast Ohio and pride at become a local Akron small-business success story.
TKM is proud to have contributed to our community in many different ways since our founding in 2008.
Leadership, Service, and Participation
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank – TKM team members have served as a Team Volunteer at Operation Orange at the Akron Canton Regional Foodbank
- Akron AAF Board – TKM President Luke Messner has served as a Board Member on the Akron Chapter of the American Advertising Federation
- Great Akron Chamber – TKM President Luke Messner has served as a Member of the Small Business Council of the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Mount Union – TKM President Luke Messner participated as a judge in the 2014 Mount Union Purple Raiders “Raider Tank”, a business idea competition event modeled after the popular Shark Tank TV show
Sponsorships and Memberships
- Greater Akron Chamber
- Akron AAF – First ever presenting partner of the Akron Chamber of the American Advertising Federation
- Akron Symphony – Spring gala sponsorship
- Akron Children’s Hospital – Sponsored / donated tree display to the annual Tree Festival and auction
- Akron Art Museum – A premiere sponsor of Art & Ale and an Artworks Business Member
- Akron AAF – Sponsor of American Advertising Awards (ADDY’s) Student Sponsorships of the Akron Chamber of the American Advertising Federation
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank – One of two title sponsors of the 2d Annual Selfless Elf 5K run (2014) in support of the Akron Canton Regional Foodbank
Other Sponsorships and / or Donations (including in-kind)
- Portage Lakes Polar Bear Jump
- US Marshalls Charity Ball
- Shoes N’ Brews Charity Event
- Kent State University Combat for a Cause
- Kent State University Annual Fashion Show– Student Scholarship Fund
- Spring Garden Waldorf School Annual Auction
- Coventry Fire & EMS
- Uniontown Fire Department
- Akron Firefighters
- Lenibug Foundation
- American Cancer Society / Relay for Life
- Faith Family Church – Flourish Women’s Conference
- Elevate Akron
- Circle of Life Birth & Parenting
- Adam S. Hamilton Memorial Academic & Athletic Scholarship Fund
- Akron Tent City for the Homeless
- Salvation Army
- Cleveland Hunger Network
- Akron Children’s Hospital – Hope Lights the Way
- Akron Art Museum – Children’s Educational Material
Awards and Recognitions
TKM Featured in the Akron Beacon Journal
Luke Messner awarded the 2016 Young Alumni Award
In 2016, TKM President Luke D. Messner was awarded the Young Alumni Award by the University of Mount Union. The Young Alumni Award honors and recognizes those who at very early stages in their chosen careers or callings exemplify what Mount Union hopes all alumni will strive to achieve upon graduating from Mount Union. The award is given to graduates within the past 15 years for their outstanding support, leadership and dedication to the University as young alumni.
Art Works Business Member Spotlight
In the Summer 2016 edition of View, the magazine of the Akron Art Museum, TKM was written up in the Art Works Business Member Spotlight.